2010 Trip West

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thing 7 Animoto

I was motivated to try Animoto, because at the beginning of the year, I noticed Kellie's on her blog, and thought that it was cool. Then today during PLC, Geoff G. showed us one that he had created in a math workshop. One suggestion that was made was to create a video at the introduction to each unit in math, giving the overview for how your topic relates to the real world. It sounds like a really neat way to make learning relevant for our students. I would love to have a collection to link to my website!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics of your trip out west! Love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, I LOVE it! What a great use of the tool. I really like that idea, too, of introducing each math unit with real-world applications. If you do that, will you let me know? I would really like to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete