2010 Trip West

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Final Post

I am so happy that I was given a second chance to learn about the availabliity of technology in the 21st century. It certainly is intimidating knowing that the technology is in a constant state of flux, and that the things that I learn today may become obsolete tomorrow. What really has made an impact on me, in doing 17 Things, is the fact that I have gained confidence in my technological capabilities. I have discovered that if you are willing to investigate and explore, you will be able to teach yourself how a specific application works. I have also discovered that I need the help of my colleagues every now and then, and they have been a fantastic resource. To answer your questions...

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I now have the confidence to take on new challenges in technology.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I feel like I have an inkling of what technology can do to improve classroom instruction, and what it can do to help reach the students of today.

Do you think it's important for all teachers to integrate technology into their curriculum, or do you think it should be up to the individual teacher's preferences?
I really feel like teachers should be expected to integrate technology on a consistent basis, so that all students are exposed to the possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Patty,
    Thank you so much for participating in the program! I really appreciate your reflections, too. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete